ABS ,tc brake light ,NO connection?

Grand Prix and Grand Am, Bonneville, Montana and Transport.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Pontiac questions now.
showdown

ABS ,tc brake light ,NO connection?

Unread post by showdown » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:55 am

I have a 2004 grand prix GTP My problem is the brake , abs , traction control , lights are all on . I have a OTC Genisys scanner It should read and clear all codes , but it don't log on to the abs,brake system at all? That part is totally dead . it don't read at all. Everything else it logs on fine. My question is . Does the body control module handle the abs, tc, brake program? It don't tell me anything ? Or is it the ABS module that sends that signal OR the pcm main computer? I was thinking of replacing the main computer ,pcm . but i don't want to buy something i do not need'' It still has the original ignition switch. If that helps.
I found allot of other past codes , but are they related to the abs function? [ checked and cleaned grounds ,battery connections good , all fuses are good and relays , all connections pcm, brake module are good . Please can anyone help!!! There is a problem listed like mine but again not the same '' Thank's

carriedi

Re: ABS ,tc brake light ,NO connection?

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:19 am

when scanning for codes you have to talk to the abs module. Does your genisys show the antilock module on the list of computers to look at?

Like:
engine,
trans,
bcm,
passlock,
abs,
cluster... and whatever your vehicle may have
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

showdown

Unread post by showdown » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:24 am

Yes it has a section for engine, body control , abs , air bag ,trans , and more . But when i try to pull codes in the abs section it shows no connection ,it won't log in ? The program is good up to 2005 on all american cars.
Also works on my other cars fine Some where theres no link "" But what module or pcm controls that program? MY Guess is the ECBM .

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:35 pm

have you checked all the abs fuses in the underhood fuse box? Should be three fuses.
ABS fuse is key on power (pink wire to pin 8 in connector 1).
ABS MTR (red wire to pin 13 in connector 1) and
ABS SOL (orange wire to pin 14 in connector 1) should be power all the time.

black wires to pins 12 and 15 are ground wires.

Makes sure you have your power and grounds before you decide to toss the ECMB. Traction control switch is on right?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

showdown

Unread post by showdown » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:58 pm

Checked all fuses there good '' The only bad was a fuse for the backup lights? I will check for power ,Thanks for the terminal wire info . I regrounded those grounds there all redone by me . I will get back with any info .
Chat soon'' check sat for a reply so you don't have to keep checking in '' Thanks wish me luck.