2003 buick regal instrument lights flash,ticking noise

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Parker2001

2003 buick regal instrument lights flash,ticking noise

Unread post by Parker2001 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:47 pm

I have a 2003 buick regal,and when I try to start it the instrument lights flash,and it makes a ticking noise when this happens. I have replaced the PCM and the instrument cluster. also checked the battery connections. the starter will kick out but kicks right back in. please advise.

carriedi

Re: 2003 buick regal instrument lights flash,ticking noise

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:11 am

trace down that clicking noise. it's probably a relay. if you find it and it is a relay check all the powers and grounds for it. Make sure you have a good battery voltage and your battery is more that 12 volts. it sounds like you may have a problem with the correct current holding down the relay.

so, does the vehicle actually start up and run? When you say dash lights do you mean the dash illumination lights or are you talking about security light? Are the outside parking lights or headlights flashing too? Do you have an aftermarket alarm? Factory security?
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

fishmooften

Re: 2003 buick regal instrument lights flash,ticking noise

Unread post by fishmooften » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:50 pm

replace the ignition switch assembly. common problem. While cranking egine over put turn signal on, if it starts ok its an electrical short in the ignition switch and wiring harness assy. Switch and harness are 1 item.