2010 Buick Lacrosse electronic mystery

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
everguard

2010 Buick Lacrosse electronic mystery

Unread post by everguard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:56 pm

When I shut off the ignition and open the door the radio doesn't shut off and dash lights remain on, the driver's window does not work, door open alert comes on but can be turned off by clicking menu.

Someone on another forum told me that the windshield could be leaking down the drivers side and onto the floor and that water could get into the door from the cable harness coming from the door hinge area. However I never got an answer on whether I had to take the door apart to check for leaks. He said that there was another way to check whether there was a leak but never got back to me.

This problem comes and goes. One day everything works and the radio shuts off and the window works and then an hour later nothing workds again.

Anyone have an advice? Thanks. Ron

carriedi

Re: 2010 Buick Lacrosse electronic mystery

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:00 pm

you could have a broken wire in the wire harness that goes from the body to the door. Opening and closing the door bends the wire harness back and forth every time you open the door.
I have seen it where the wire will break but sometimes it will touch and work and other times it won't.

Water intrusion isn't a problem normally. The window where water would hit it acts as a shield to keep the water on the other side of the wired connections. Unless the window was left open and got water inside the window and door panel. Condensation however, could cause door contacts to rust. If the holes in the bottom of the door have been plugged up keeping moisture in the door, that could lead to electrical problems.

The main thing is: can you make it happen so a shop or mechanic can see when it is not working? If everything is working they might not find the problem because everything is working normally. They need to check it when it doesn't work.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

everguard

Unread post by everguard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:08 pm

thanks. You're right about the wires getting broken from the door being opened a lot. I had this problem with one of my previous cars. I take a look. There no holes in the bottom of this Buick's door. Should there be?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:25 pm

there should be some places for water to drain

everguard

Unread post by everguard » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:58 am

I found the drain holes. What is the best approach to seeing if there is a broken wire? Ron

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:08 pm

there is a rubber bot over the wire harness that goes from the door to the body. Moving the boot out of the body opening and pushing it into the door to expose the harness is one way to see if there are broken wires without damaging the boot.