Car Trouble - 99 Buick Century Limited

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
CountryGirl2

Car Trouble - 99 Buick Century Limited

Unread post by CountryGirl2 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:11 pm

Hey need help, I have a 99 Buick Century Limited, I just had a motor put in about 3 months ago, the car drives good it's just that when I drive it like 3 or 4 blocks it cuts off, but it starts back up. Also I have no heat, I put AntiFreeze in there still doesn't work. Could any one help with this question please, would greatly appreciate it.

carriedi

Re: Car Trouble - 99 Buick Century Limited

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 pm

you should talk to the place where you had the motor put in. ask them if the problem might be related to the work they did.

you should drive the vehicle with a scanner that has a data stream that can graph and you can see what happens just before the car dies. See if it's fuel, reference voltage, or whatever you can see that changes and causes the engine to die.

On the "no heat" you should get the engine up to normal operating and feel the two heater hoses that go in through the fire wall to the heater core and see if both of the hoses are hot. If one is hot and the other not, you may have a plugged heater core. If both hoses are hot you should look at the heater blend door. Maybe the heater door that moves to adjust temperature isn't moving from the cold side.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.