03 Buick Regal No tail lights

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Tampa1234

03 Buick Regal No tail lights

Unread post by Tampa1234 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:29 pm

Hello All !! I am new to this site in hopes that someone can help me out .... i have a 2003 Buick Regal Ls model Vin. K,, all my lights work except my tail lights.. all headlights , brake lights , turn signal , dash lights , and interior all work fine but no tail lights. I've replaced fuses even went as far as replacing dimmer, multifunction switch , and bulbs.... NO LUCK.. can someone tell me if theirs a relay for tail lights or what can be the cause of problem... Thanks

carriedi

Re: 03 Buick Regal No tail lights

Unread post by carriedi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

ok, it starts at the underhood fuse block. the LP PARK fuse (20A) is the power for the park lights. from there it goes from orange wires to the park lamp relay behind the right side of the dash. the relay should have two orange wires, one gray/black wire and one light blue wire. the light blue wire is the power to the parking light to the body control module. The body control module controls the actual turning on and off of the parking lights.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Tampa1234

Unread post by Tampa1234 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks for your info.. i got back in here a little to late to check them wires. What I did , I ran a wire from trunk passenger side light harness. Spliced it into the brown and white wire to the lp 20 amp fuse. Everything works the way it should now. Question. Is that safe ??

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:17 am

they use a relay so that the switches don't have to handle as much of the load. it makes them last longer and less likely to burn up the switches and wiring. They used to make the switches pretty robust but now days with multifunction switches and stuff the contacts are very frail and can easily be damaged by too much current. It usually takes a while but every time you turn an electrical switch on and off there is a spark that arcs between the contacts. Bigger load means bigger arc and more heat. so just be aware

Tampa1234

Unread post by Tampa1234 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:55 am

GOOD Morning . Thanks for the warning , now I'm afraid lol. I'll check the wires you told me about from the fuse box , bmc, and relays. Will get back to you with results on test. Thanks again and have a blessed day..

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 am

yea, don't mean to scare you but just make you aware. Used to be there was only one relay in cars and that was for the starter. now there's relays for almost everything