Spark Plugs

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
bruick

1999 buick regal gs

Unread post by bruick » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Trying to figure out why my regal gs is waisting so much gas

protech

Re: 1999 buick regal gs

Unread post by protech » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

There are lots of things that contribute to poor fuel mileage. Clogged air filter, and other restrictions in the intake path are the most common. Carbon build up in the throttle body, or poor fuel injector performance can cause this too. If you've got a catalytic converter that is plugged up or even a bad muffler can make it use more gas. If you've got a poor running engine, like misfires, or faulty ignition system, or leaks internally like burning oil will be detrimental too. Could be time for a tune up, or other maintenance items. Even prolonging an oil change will make bad gas mileage. Lots of things to check, and could be many of these combined.

gianmarko650

99 Buick Regal fans not kicking in and SES light?

Unread post by gianmarko650 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I got a 99 regal runs perfectly fine only issues is the car overheats because the fans will not turn on. I unplugged the temp sensor plug and the fans automatically kick on so I know its not relays or the fans. What could it be? Also after I tried jumping a Fan relay connection and caused a spark the Service Engine Soon came on. It was never on before this and the car has no running issues! Hopefully i can get some answers here THANK YOU :)

carriedi

Re: 99 Buick Regal fans not kicking in and SES light?

Unread post by carriedi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:32 am

you should have the car scanned to see what code is set. While you have it scanned for the code look at the coolant temperature sensor. See if it shows the actual temperature of the engine or does it show something like -40F. If your PCM doesn't see the engine getting hot it won't turn on the fans. If the temperature looks good, let the engine run and get hot while you watch the data stream Watch the values for temp and the fan "on" or "fan request" on or off. the fan should come on at 212F. that should turn the two fans on at 1/2 speed. if the temp gets to 221F the relays change and both fans are turned to high. If you get to 230F the whole system is turned on and all three fans go to high. if the fans don't bring the temp down it's time to stop driving and get over to the side of the road where it is safe and let thing cool down.

so go and see what your code is. clear it. and watch you data stream for your cooling system. see what your computer is doing.
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

ADAMA

Spark Plugs

Unread post by ADAMA » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:00 am

Hey there
Can I install NGK spark plug 6509 on buick 3.5L rendezvous cxl 2006?
If I cannot what dangers are there?
On some sites I see it mentions a fit and others it doesnt.
Please advise
Thank you!

carriedi

Re: Spark Plugs

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:52 pm

you might be able to install those but they are for the 3.6L engine for 2004 and 2006. the ngk plugs for your year and engine are 5599.

the spark plugs you have are 25mm in reach while the plugs made for your engine are about 18mm (.708 inches or 17.983)

I would not recommend you use those plugs
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.