1993 Buick Century Heater Blower Motor

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
roysaw@shaw.ca

1993 Buick Century Heater Blower Motor

Unread post by roysaw@shaw.ca » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:16 pm

I have to replace my heater blower motor and fan in my 1993 Buick Century. What is the proper procedure to remove it as the power steering pump is blocking it from coming out. Thanks for any help.

MeccBoy

Re: 1993 Buick Century Heater Blower Motor

Unread post by MeccBoy » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Remove the front upper engine mounts- knowas the dogbones. Then use a pry bar to "Slave" the motor forward. Have also done this and have a friend put the car in reverse and hold the brake firmly, then give it gas to get the engine to move, then pull the blower out.

Gale77

Heater core

Unread post by Gale77 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Is the heater core connected to the air conditioner in a1995 Buick regal custom 3.8liter engine, and how do you replace it??

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:29 pm

the heater core is not connecter to the air conditioner but the heater core and the AC evaporator are both located in the same box under the dash.
#1 is the AC evaporator
#9 is the heater core

block off or pinch heater hoses connected to the heater core and remove the hoses from the heater core. Remove the right and left sound insulators from under the instrument panel inside the car. remove the floor ducting leading to the rear compartment of the heater box. remove the cover to the heater core and then the heater core.
Attachments
95 regal heater box.jpg
Buick Regal heater core locations and pictures.
95 regal heater box.jpg (112.3 KiB) Viewed 5574 times
Browse "SIMILAR TOPICS" At The Bottom Of This Page.

Gale77

Unread post by Gale77 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:48 am

Does the air conditioner need to be
Evacuated to replace the heater core
On a 1995 Buick regal custom 3.5 liter engine.?

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 am

If you can remove the front covers to access the heater core without removing the whole box then you don't need to evacuate the ac system. If you have to remove the box, yes, you would need to evacuate first.

Jack57

Unread post by Jack57 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Tonight I went to a meeting....my car was turned off, everything was off, the key was not in the ignition yet a f an was running, I could hear under the hood from a place I did not recognize and it drained my battery and so could not start car until it was jump started....when I got home...it is doing it again it won't shut off? Is there any way to shut that off manually? Can I just unhook the battery so it does not drain it? Do I need to do this with both red and black?

Oh it is a 1993 Buick Century Special V6 engine.
Attachments
fanfrom1ofthese.JPG
fanfrom1ofthese.JPG (36.82 KiB) Viewed 5487 times

carriedi

Unread post by carriedi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 am

you can remove either battery cable to shut off the power but the recommended procedure would be to disconnect the ground or negative cable. What fan is running? a radiator fan, the blower fan?

if it's the radiator fan that's running you can pull the coolant fan relay in the right front of the engine compartment. If it's the blower relay pull the blower relay in the same section by the right front of the engine compartment.

once you find out what fan is running on, then you can run down the cause.