2003 Buick 3.1L 3100SFI centry

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
lws

2002 Buick will not rev up or pull hills

Unread post by lws » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:44 am

2002 buick 3.1 engine will not rev up has no pulling power on hills unhooked converter put new fuel pump in changed air flow meter tps sensor cleaned throttle body egr put new intake gaskets on also have repl aced computer car starts and runs good but when try to rev it surges up and it isn,t reving up enough for the rev limiter to kick in spark plugs are very white

Stumpy5445

Re: 2oo2 buick will not rev up or pull hills

Unread post by Stumpy5445 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:53 pm

You say that you have replaced the fuel pump, but did you check fuel pressure after that? Spark plugs that are white is a sign that the engine is running very lean. I would definitely check fuel pressure. You may also have an EGR valve problem. An EGR valve that is stuck open the cause a lean condition and no power on acceleration. Also I would suggest taking a fuel sample. Remove some gas and put it in a glass jar. Let it stand for a few minutes and see if it separates into two different looking fluids. If it does then gas is contaminated.

Tombo

2003 Buick 3.1L 3100SFI centry

Unread post by Tombo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm

My girls car will shut off going down the road at low speed .put back in park and it starts and runs great,its been tuned up and throttle body cleaned out,fuel filter changed,spark plugs changed

ProTech

Re: 2003 Buick 3.1L 3100SFI centry

Unread post by ProTech » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:55 pm

It's probably set one or more trouble codes in the computer if the car is shutting off like that. The first thing you should really do is get the car scanned to see if and/or what the codes are. This will usually lead you in the right direction to fix what ever is causing this issue.

Otherwise, it could be something like a sensor shorting out, an ignition problem, fuel delivery issue, etc. Lots of possibilities, but start with basic checks, making sure everything is connected, no vacuum leaks, etc....and get the car scanned.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+