97 Buick Lesabre Code P0300 and P0171

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
bomber19

97 Buick Lesabre Code P0300 and P0171

Unread post by bomber19 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 am

I have 2 codes, P0300 and P0171, The car runs good until you go a long distance, then when you shut it off and start it back up again it will start to stumble and finally quit, If you leave it cool for about 1/2 hour it will finally start and run....but not real well...enough to get home with. I've checked the fuel pressure and that's OK..but the MAS sensor has a crack at the top...could that be my problem??

Fritz

Re: 97 Buick Lesabre

Unread post by Fritz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:57 pm

MAF sould be the problem, but would usually do it most of the time, not just after shutting it off and letting it heat soak.
If both codes are current, then the P0171 is most likely causing the po300 misfire code. I would clear the codes and see if only one comes back. If only the misfire comes back, then the lean may have been in there for a while and is not really related to your problem.
If you are SURE fuel presure is good while it is acting up, you may have bad oxygen sensor, crank position sensor, ignition module or computer (PCM).
Also take a fuel sample and look for contamination.

bomber19

Unread post by bomber19 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:17 am

Thanks Friz for the response!!! The car does stumble a lot even when it's cold but once you get going it straightens out..I'll try the MAF 1st!! Thanks again

Fritz

Unread post by Fritz » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Let us know what happens with your Buick.