Buick Lesabre Theft Bypass How To

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
Tammy

Buick Lesabre Theft Bypass How To

Unread post by Tammy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:10 pm

How do i bypass the "pass key II" security system in a 1993 buick lesabre.

Frank

Re: Buick Lesabre Theft Bypass How To

Unread post by Frank » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 pm

Tammy wrote:How do i bypass the "pass key II" security system in a 1993 buick lesabre.
A common failure this vehicle is a problem in the ignition lock cylinder.

Inside the steering column, on the back side of the ignition cylinder, there are 2 small white wires. These wires attach to the sensor in the cylinder that looks at the chip in the ignition key for the security system. These wires break over time, and the system cannot read the chip in the key properly. The cylinder would need to be replaced.

To by -pass, if this is the problem, you would need to read the resistance value of the chip in the key, then splice a resistor of the same value in the sensor wires.

David

LeSabre radio question

Unread post by David » Tue May 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Will a 2002 Buick LeSabre OEM (factory) am/fm cd/casette radio fit a 2001 Buick LeSabre that also had a factory am/fm cd/casette radio? (Both are the "dock and lock" connections, I think.)
My 2001 radio is no good, and I want to replace it with another Buick factory radio. I've found a website that sells refurbished radios, but if I get a 2001 I'll have to take it to a Buick dealer and have them reset the "theftlock" code. The same website sells a de-coded 2002 (2002-2005, maybe?) radio that will self-register itself to the VIN when it's installed and the car is cranked...which would save me a few bucks, since both radios are about the same price. And I just wondered if the 2002-2005 factory radios would also fit (and work) in a 2001.

Franky

Re: LeSabre radio question

Unread post by Franky » Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes, the radio should fit your car. to be sure, have the company selling the radio do a year crosscheck.