How To Change Buick intake manifold gasket

Buick Regal, Century and Park Avenue as well as the Rendezvous and Lesabre.
Ask our auto mechanics for help to all your Buick questions now.
chuck937

How To Change Buick intake manifold gasket

Unread post by chuck937 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:21 pm

How to change intake manifold gasket

Re: intake manifold gasket

Unread post by Guest » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 pm

That depends on what kind of car ro truck, and what engine.
It can be a very big job. Good luck finding instuctions online.
Try a Chiton auto repair manual.

wkingmomma

I have a question I took the head to a machine shop

Unread post by wkingmomma » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi I took the head to a machine shop and ask him if he could resurface it and I told him I had a strip bolt where the rocker arm goes he told me he didn't suggest me getting it redone that I need a new one how much do these usually run .Because when I went to pick the head up I think it was the old one degreased and gave back to me on my ticket it says recondition rods,valve jobs and surface heads. Now the first man at the shop said if I got the head recondition it could blow my motor so should I be concern I'm just affraid this one is the old one recondition and I don't want my motor to blow it had a bent rod that came out of this head any info will be appreciated.
Thanks wkingmomma :?:

ProTech

Re: I have a question I took the head to a machine shop

Unread post by ProTech » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Usually reconditioning a cylinder head will not cause an engine to blow unless it has been excessively resurfaced where a lot of material had to be taken off due to a warpage or other problem. They will usually tell you how much they took off the mating surface and if it is an acceptable measurement.

You will probably be safe to reinstall the head, but there are a few words of caution...

You want to make sure there won't be an excessive gap, or mis-alignment of the intake manifold if only one head was resurfaced. I'm assuming you have a V6 engine since you didn't state either way. If one head has had a lot of metal taken off the mating surface, it will obviously sit lower on the block than the other head and can cause problems, vacuum leaks, coolant leaks, oil leaks, etc. if not checked out properly.

To answer your question about a new cylinder head, these usually run between $400-$600 from the dealership and usually come bare.
GM Dealer Technician For 18+ Years
In the automotive industry for 20+