The following procedure measures the voltage at a selected point in a circuit.
• Disconnect the electrical harness connector for the circuit being tested, if necessary.
• Enable the circuit and/or system being tested. Use the following methods:
• Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
• Turn ON the engine.
• Turn ON the circuit and/or system with a scan tool in Output Controls.
• Turn ON the switch for the circuit and/or system being tested.
• Select the V (AC) or V (DC) position on the meter.
• Connect the positive lead of the DMM to the point of the circuit to be tested.
• Connect the negative lead of the DMM to a good ground.
• The meter displays the voltage measured at that point.
How To Measure Voltage